Agniezska Blonska – Lead, Theatre Performance

Agnieszka Blonska is a theatre director and performer based in the UK since 2003. For the last 19 years she has worked in Britain and internationally as an independent artist and in collaboration with theatre companies and theatres such as Wildworks, Powszechny Theatre in Warsaw, Theatre Institute in Warsaw, National Theatre Studio, Soho Theatre, Theatre Bristol, Hall For Cornwall, Projekt Europa and others.
Agnieszka works as a senior lecturer in Acting and Theatre & Performance at Falmouth University, and is an associate artist at Hall For Cornwall. In 2008 Agnieszka was nominated to the Arts Foundation Award for Young Theatre Directors.

I am particularly interest in subjects of identity, social change and personal story in relation to a society. In my work I use a variety of forms including participatory and performative theatre exploring the boundaries of traditional understanding of drama and play. I apply devising methods and improvisation, often examining deconstruction and non-linear approach to a performance.